KRG WHISKEY3 FOLDING for Rem 700 SA/LA, Tikka T3 inc T3x & CTR, Tac 338 Sako TRG
Long action compatible with CIP length magazines:
Short action/Tikka compatible with all short action magazines:
The Whiskey-3 Chassis (W3C) (new Generation 6 starting Jan 2018) is one of the premier chassis available for your bolt action precision rifle.
The W3C combines precise aluminum bedding with tool-less adjustments, durability, and excellent ergonomics. Right out of the box it allows the use of AICS style magazines (not included) in your rifle without any special bottom metal.
Numerous types of accessories can be added to the many attachment points, including handstops, sling mounts, rails, bipods, monopods, and more.
Our modular grip panels allow the shooter to tailor the fit of the stock to his/her hand which, combined with the other adjustments, yield a stock set up exactly as it needs to be for that particular shooter.
***New Gen 6 is shipping now in fixed stock version. The major change is a new length-of-pull locking mechanism that is a bit more streamlined than the gen 5.
The W3C Gen 6 is available as of Jan 2018 in fixed and folding stock versions for the following rifles:
- Tikka T3/T3x/CTR (short action calibers only).
- Remington 700 short and long action.
- Sako TRG-22
- Sako TRG-42 (aluminum forend only)
- Sako M995 (aluminum forend only)
- Stiller TAC338 (aluminum forend only)
- Badger 2008/13 Long Action
- Open - 29 3/8"
- Folded - 20"
More detailed info:
X-Ray Chassis (Generation 4 Chassis)Forend:
- Polymer for light weight and to eliminate heat transfer to/from the shooter's hand.
- MLok slots on sides for mounting flexibility
- Mounting holes at various positions will take L2 Picatinny rails, Tripod Mount, Barrier stop, etc .
- Access hole for action mounting screw, so you can remove the action without removing forend.
- Aluminum backbone runs to tip of forend for maximum stiffness and modularity.
- Utilizes radius bedding, which is CNC'd into aluminum backbone for consistent contact between action and chassis.
- Tikka inlets have hardened stainless steel recoil lug instead of aluminum ones found on stock T3’s.
- Rem 700 version can accommodate most large aftermarket recoil lugs like the Badger Ordnance lug without any or with only slight modification.
- Accepts the Whiskey-3 gen 3/4 Spigot Mount.
- Designed for 5 or 10 round AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate in T3, with spacer plate only in Rem 700 unless you have a modified action).
- Barrel contours accepted: 1.25" for 4" in front of action face, then 1.20" straight to end of forend. A 1.25" straight cylinder barrel will fit but we feel that the clearance is too minimal. We recommend a varmint or medium palma contour to keep proper balance.
Trigger Guard/Mag catch:
- Similar in shape to TRG trigger guard. Made from reinforced polymer for added strength and less cold/heat transfer to the shooter's hand.
- Will accept Barnard trigger for T3 as well as factory trigger.
- Rem 700 version will accept the new x-mark triggers and nearly all aftermarket triggers but some aftermarket triggers may require modifications to the trigger or chassis.
- Mag catch is the same as the Whiskey-3 but the catch extender button is an optional item.
- Cheekpiece infinitely adjustable within range (1” travel).
- Cheekpiece can be quickly removed and re-installed, uses a clamp and thumbscrew design.
- The thumbscrew can be positioned on either the right or left side of the chassis.
- Includes a simple feature to make the cheekpiece return to the exact height you set it.
- Cheekpiece can be moved forward or backward with one alternate position.
- Cheekpiece made of polymer to not transmit heat to or away from your face.
- Small grips are standard fitment. The larger grip size is an option during checkout or in our Products/Accessories section of the website.
Length of Pull (LOP):
- Adjustable with spacers in 3/8" increments with nearly 2 1/4” of adjustment range.
- Minimum LOP range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.7”-13” and can be extended to 14.8-15.1" with 6 spacers (technically even longer is possible with even more spacers).
- X-Ray's include our 1-3 LOP kit which includes 3 spacers and the hardware to mount either 1, 2, or 3 allowing a max LOP of about 13.8"
- Single piece body made of reinforced polymer material.
- Heavy internal ribbing provides great strength.
- Mounting points for external QD cup or for our Sling Loop/QD mount on either side.
- Built in thumbshelf for same-side-thumb-grip shooters.
- Entire buttstock assembly can be used on Whiskey-3 if you should desire.
- High Quality KRG recoil pad with Tool-less height and cant adjustments.
- Adjusted with hex wrench.
- Buttpad is Remington 700 pattern so user can install aftermarket pre-fit pads.
Mounting features for slings, monopods, bag rider, etc:
- Buttstock has one position on each side for external QD cup and one position on each side for Sling Loop/QD mount (optional accessories).
- Buttstock includes mounting points for an optional bag rider/butthook or MOE L2 Picatinny rail.
- Harris bipod stud included on forend.
- Spigot Mount can be added to front of chassis.
- Ambi QD sling plate can be mounted and provides 3 positions for QD sling or HK hook sling attachments.
- Large selection of accessories from sling mounts to tripod mounts.
- ALL X-RAY STOCKS COME WITH ONE MOE L2 RAIL.
- Most aluminum parts are hard anodized (Type III).
- All fasteners are stainless steel, some with black oxide coating, some are without.
- Steel parts are salt bath nitrided or stainless steel.
- Grip panels, forend, buttstock are injection molded reinforced polymer.
Weight: 3 lbs w/o magazine.
Color: Black, FDE (tan), Sako Green
*The Tikka inlet accepts T3, T3x, and CTR versions, however slight mods may be required on the trigger-guard for the T3 TAC A1 to function properly. Tikka rifles accept AICS pattern mags with the exception of the Magpul AICS polymer mags.
**All of our chassis take AICS magazines with nothing extra needed, the magazine is not included.
****Remington 700 long action chassis take 3.850" (CIP) length AICS pattern magazines or 3.715" AICS mags with included spacer.